Being used by millions of users across the world, AOL is a free web-based email service that is a part of Verizon Communications. In order to improve the email experience, AOL Support provides a number of features and filter options to its users. One such feature includes marking the unnecessary emails as spam with a purpose to ignore all the upcoming emails from that particular sender. AOL spam filters makes sure that only the senders with a good reputation will have their email delivered in your inbox.
Located in the left pane of your AOL mail interface, the folder containing all the spam emails is named as spam folder. While marking some of the emails as spam, it may happen that you accidently mark and shift an important email to the spam folder. In such an event, all you need to do is follow the below-given steps. Before you proceed towards these steps,
let’s make you aware about the spam filter:
- The spam filter has the capacity of holding up a maximum of 250 emails
- Emails you delete from this folder gets permanently deleted from the AOL mail servers
- Emails that you don’t delete manually from the spam folder gets deleted after five days
Steps for retrieving an AOL email that has been accidently marked as spam:
(As aforementioned, you can retrieve a spam email from your AOL Spam Folder only if it’s been less than five days since you have marked that particular mail as spam. If you don’t want to do this manually, simply call the AOL support number and allow the AOL mail expert do this for you.)
- Log in to your AOL email account by providing the registered email ID and password
- Click Spam folder from the left pane
- Now, search for the email you want to retrieve and click the checkbox in front of that email
- After this, click OK NOT SPAM button
- You can now find the email in your inbox
- The email will be placed back in the inbox under the original date when it was received
After implementing these steps, if the problem still persists, contacting the AOL email support team at the AOL toll-free number is recommended!