AOL, the free web portal and online services provider offers you all with a gamut of services. You can enjoy emailing, web surfing, and other amazing services. To avail them, you need to create an AOL account. Like any other account, adding a recovery mobile number as well as the email is mandatory.
This recovery email or mobile number will help in case you forget the password of your AOL account. If you haven’t added it earlier or want to update the one you have already added, then this article is definitely for you.
Steps to add a recovery mobile number
Adding a mobile number to your AOL account is mandatory to recover it in case you forget your password. Here is how you can do that:
- Go for AOL email sign by providing your registered email ID and password
- Hit Add recovery phone number
- Select your country from the drop-down menu
- Provide your mobile number and hit Send SMS
- You will get an SMS including a verification code
- If you don’t get the code, hit Call Me and you will receive a call. Answer the call and note down the verification code
- Once received, enter the code in the respective field
- Hit Verify
If you fail to add the recovery mobile number, call AOL support team right away!
Steps to update a recovery mobile number
- Access your AOL email account
- Go to Phone Numbers
- Click Add Recovery Phone Number
- Select Country from the drop-down menu and provide the mobile number in the right field
- Hit Send SMS and you will receive a verification code on your provided number
- If you don’t receive the same, hit Call Me button and you will get a computer-generated call telling you the verification code
- Listen to it carefully and note down the code
- Enter the code in the respective field and hit Verify
- It’s done!