AOL is a free web-based email currently being used by millions of users across the globe. Also referred as AIM Mail, this email service is a part of Verizon Communications.
Key features of the AOL email service include the following:
- Unlimited email storage capacity
- Up to 25MB email attachment limit
- Spam protection and virus protection
- Facility to link to the third-party email accounts such as Gmail and Hotmail
- Spell checking
- AIM Panel with a complete buddy list as well as indicators to show the online buddies
- Supports protocols, including POP3, SMTP, IMAP
AOL mail allows you to send or receive emails to/from any other email service. While sending the email, especially professional ones, you need to provide the certain details of the email senders. These details include, name of the sender, designation, contact number, social media links or more. Another point to consider is that you may have to send hundreds of emails in a day and for all those emails it becomes a bit time consuming task to add your details or what we call it as, signature. However, AOL has made this task pretty simple by allowing you to add a signature, which will save the time and efforts you put every time you write an email.
How to create or add the signatures?
So, you have your AOL email support account and now you want to add signatures to it. By default, AOL mail has the signature settings turned off. Before creating the same, just note that the signatures can contain anything, from your name, contact info, business logo, business website URL to a witty quote (motivational/funny) you like the most.
- Login to your AOL email account by providing the registered email ID and password
- From the AOL menu, choose mail/set mail signatures
- Click Create
- Enter a name for the signature under Signature Name (helpful in the situations when one email ID is used by too many users in an organization)
- Now, enter the text in the signature
- Click Ok and then close the Set up signature window
Once the signature is added or created, it will automatically display in your outgoing email. However, if you have added too many signatures, then you can choose the one you want for that particular email.
Steps for choosing a signature while composing a new AOL mail
- Click Compose button
- Under Rich Text / HTML, you can see a signature dropdown
- Click that drop down and choose the signature name you have set for that particular signature you want to insert
- It’s done!
For any help or assistance in setting up the signatures, contact AOL customer support team.