AOL is a web portal that enables the users, access all the browsing features (AOL Explorer), connect to the world (AIM) and send/receive emails (AOL mail). You can avail all these web services via your desktop as well as through the mobile phones. While using AOL on your iOS or Android device, you might experience several technical glitches.
To get rid of that, you can either avail AOL email support services or simply delete and then reinstall the AOL application. The deletion and re-installation requires a series of steps to be followed. These steps are:
Steps to uninstall
- Tap and hold the AOL application
- The app icons will start to shake
- Tap X in the corner of the AOL application
- Now, tap Delete
- Tap on the Home button and lock the device’s screen
Steps to Reinstall
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device
- Enter AOL in the search field
- From the search results, tap on the AOL app, i.e. AOL: News Email Weather Video”
- Tap Install and then OK to begin downloading and complete installation
- You can now use your AOL application
Once the application downloads, you can do your AOL email sign in and access to all the emails.
Steps to uninstall
- Go to the Settings section on your device and tap Apps under Phone
- Now, tap App Manager
- Choose the application you want to uninstall, i.e. AOL
- Tap Uninstall and then OK
- Wait till this process completes
Steps to reinstall
- Visit the Google PlayStore
- Type AOL in the search bar
- You will now see the AOL application in the search results
- Tap Install button
- Tap Accept to the App Permissions
- Wait till the installation finishes!
To access the AOL services back, you don’t need to do AOL sign up as the previous login details can do this job. So, simply enter the already created username/email and password to use the AOL services like before. Hope the information was useful!