Now-a-days, there are various companies that offer the free web-based email services to allow the users to communicate instantly with the other person sitting at any corner of the world. One such web-based email accounts is the AOL Mail account, used by the users for sending and receiving the emails for various purposes like commercial, business and confidential. Sometime, the users may face some common errors while signing in to the AOL Mail account for accessing and responding to the AOL Mails in the web browser Google Chrome.
The signing in issue is commonly faced by users, if they either detect some unusual activities or had entered the incorrect Username/ Password of the AOL Mail account.
METHOD 1: SET THE SECURITY SETTINGS OF THE GOOGLE CHROME TO DEFAULT:
- Firstly, confirm the version of the Google Chrome, you are using.
- To do so, launch the Chrome browser and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon (three vertical dots).
- A drop down menu will appear on the screen. From this menu, select the “About Google Chrome” option.
- Thus, an information screen will appear on the screen displaying the version of the Google Chrome.
- Now, for resetting the security settings, again click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon.
- Now select “Options” option from the drop down menu.
- A small window will appear on the screen, named as “Options”. And select “Under the Hood” option.
- A new window will appear, and under the privacy section, enable or mark the checkbox of the “Enable phishing and malware protection” option.
- Under HTTPS / SSL section, mark the “Check foe server certification revocation” checkbox.
- Now, under Privacy section, select the “Content Settings….” button.
Now all the changes made will be saved automatically by the Chrome browser. Now, again try to sign in to the AOL Mail account.
If the problem still continues on the Google Chrome, jump to the method 2 for resolving the issues.
METHOD 2: CLEAR THE COOKIES, CACHE, FOOTPRINTS AND HISTORY OF THE GOOGLE CHROME:
- Launch the Google Chrome.
- Nearby the URL bar, click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon.
- A drop down menu will appear and at the bottom of this menu, click “More Tools” option.
- And then, click the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- A window will appear on the screen, and in this window perform the following actions:
- Set the “” drop menu as “”.
- After this, click the “’ button displayed at the bottom of the window.
Thus, the browsing data will be cleared and now, again try to sign in to the AOL Mail account.
If the issue still continues on the Google Chrome browser, then contact the AOL support team on the AOL support toll free number to get the quick assistance for fixing the issues.