AOL is today one of the most used search engines, and now users are inclining towards using their email application, too. AOL Mail is a free web-based email service. It is often called AIM Mail too, where AIM means AOL Instant Messenger. It is very easy to do AOL sign up as it only takes a few minutes before you can go on using its exciting features. Sometimes, AOL does break down to a few errors, which are usually rectified or fixed with troubleshooting. In this blog, we are going to talk about one such technical issue after you finish the AOL sign up – being unable to send emails.
While the AOL sign up process has always been smooth, issues have been encountered mostly after logging in to the AOL account. The issue in question is quite irritating, but the good news is that it can be fixed in minutes! Before we begin, it is advised that you print out their instructions or save this blog link to your browser’s bookmarks as you will eventually lose contact with this page once you start the process. Now, let’s start the process. You can also tell your friends and colleagues about this process so that they can do the AOL sign up too to experience the goodness of AOL.
- Restart your computer if you haven’t done so in a while. Restarting helps clear the RAM of your PC along with resolving some temporary issues. You can also do the previous step of AOL sign up after restarting the computer.
- Now, open your internet browser. Avoid opening Internet Explorer as it may create problems not only in troubleshooting but in AOL sign in the process too.
- Now, open aol.com and sign in to your account.
- Check your display name after you do the AOL sign in. If the display name has any combination of AOL, it may be a chance that hackers have compromised your AOL account and not letting your send emails across. If no such issue is found, skip to the next step.
- Clear cache data of your PC’s internet browser. Doing so resets the browser to its clear, default state.
- Next, disable any pop-up blocking software temporarily. You should also add AOL to the whitelist of the internet browser.
- Now, restart your PC and login to mail.aol.com again. Try sending an email now.
If the issue persists, you may need to contact AOL support or perform a dummy AOL sign up to see if the problem is from the service provider’s end.